PMI Cyprus Chapter was formed in 2015 and is the local Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI). The Project Management Institute is the world's leading not-for-profit professional membership association for the project, program and portfolio management profession. Founded in 1969, PMI delivers value for more than 2.9 million professionals working in nearly every country in the world through global advocacy, collaboration, education and research.
PMI advances careers, improves organizational success and further matures the profession of project management through its globally recognized standards, certifications, resources, tools, academic research, publications, professional development courses, networking opportunities and collaborative chapters and communities of practice. When organizations invest in project management, supported by PMI, executives have confidence their important initiatives deliver expected results, greater business value and competitive advantage.
PMI Cyprus Chapter’s vision is to be a forum for excellence in Project Management that will increase the awareness, effectiveness and value of professional Project Management for practitioners and organizations alike. PMI Cyprus Chapter should be recognized as the professional organization and resource of choice for Project Management in Cyprus.
Our mission is to support the growth and development of Project Management practitioners in Cyprus as well as build awareness and professionalism of the Project Management discipline and its critical role in business and organization success.
Our strategic objectives can be summarized as follows:
- Establish and continuously improve the Chapter’s standing in the Cypriot community.
- Advance the mission and objectives of the Project Management Institute within Cyprus.
- Facilitate a network for sharing experience and enhancing knowledge in the Project Management profession in Cyprus.
- Make professional managers in our country understand that project management is a professional undertaking which covers specific knowledge areas and requires specialized training and skills.
- Promote Project Management principles and techniques within businesses, the government, universities and professional associations.
- Create and promote a professional development program to support and enhance Project Management professionalism through quality programs based on the needs of our members and the needs of the local Project Management community at large.
- Create and deliver an educational program that strengthens local Project Managers’ skills and supports the Project Management Institute Certification program.
- Continuously increase the value delivered to our members.
- Develop a growing and committed membership of local Project Managers through an aggressive recruiting and engagement plan.
- Establish and continuously increase the level of engagement with project management practitioners.